Saturday, October 12, 2013

Welcome Family!



Welcome to the first post in the Hamlett Family Gazette!  Roz Bland (Mary Hamlett) here and I am using this tool to keep you informed of the latest happenings in planning the 2014 family reunion in Virginia Beach, VA.  I plan to post photos of venues, gather info from you for events you wish to see while here, and overall just keep you excited and hyped to be a Hamlett!

First off, the hotel selected is the Clarion Hotel located on Atlantic Avenue. On. The. Beach. Well - right across the street from the beach.  Anyhoo, you can walk less then one hundred yards and be on the boardwalk!  I am planning for a family BBQ at the cabin campgrounds on Ft. Story (still trying to get the images off my iPad to show you) and it is a wonderful location full of historic significance and surrounded by well-kept grounds.  Oh yeah - the first night we will have a nice meet-n-greet at a restaurant called Cactus Jack's to get everyone's feet wet and get a taste of the VA Beach night life.

Plans are still forthcoming, and I hope to post more pics and a few videos for everyone to see.  In addition, I wanna know what you would like to do? Spades Tournament, karaoke, talent show, or just sit around scratching our bellies after getting full?  No matter what, there will be plenty of sand, sun, and family love to go around!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Roz. Thank you for spearheading this event. Since we'll be at the beach, I'd like to see some fun activities directly on the beach....a clambake lol, beach volleyball etc... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we could definitely get a beach gathering accomplished then head to the BBQ. I have to find out what we can legitimately do on the beach as far as clambakes and stuff. I wanted to BBQ there but they do not allow that. I will be looking into your suggestions and will get back to you!

      Delete